Dr. Tech. Jani Ilmari Rönkkönen
· Date and place of birth: March 11, 1977, Rantasalmi, Finland.
· Home address: Jupiterinkatu 5 E, FIN-53850 Lappeenranta, Finland.
· Contact: Gsm: +358505835647
· Citizenship: Finnish.
· Languages: 1. Finnish (native), 2. English (fluent), 3. Swedish (basic),
4. German (basic).
· Family status: Married, two children.
· Lappeenranta University of Technology, Department of Information Technology, Lappeenranta, Finland. Doctor of Technology (Computer Science), 2009. Area of research: Global Optimization., Thesis: Continuous Multimodal Global Optimization with Differential Evolution-based Methods.
· Lappeenranta University of Technology, Department of Information Technology, Lappeenranta, Finland. Master of Science in Information Technology (Diploma Engineer), 2003. Major subject information processing and secondary subject industrial engineering and management. Thesis grade: Excellent (5/5).
· Senior high school, Rantasalmi, Finland. Matriculation examination, 1996.
· Experience in designing games
· Solid background in programming
· Ability to write scientific and technical text
· Experience in doing scientific research
· Teaching experience
· Ability to learn and recognize important information fast
· Creative and impugning way of thinking
· Knowledge on optimization
· Knowledge on board and computer games
Main programming related competence areas:
· Processes: Scrum, Peer-review
· Tools: Eclipse, Netbeans, Visual Studio, Qt Creator, Latex, Git, SVN, CVS
· Familiar with design patterns and UML
Areas of scientific interest:
· Global optimization
· Evolutionary algorithms
· Multimodal optimization
Other areas of interest:
· Games and game design
· Literature and graphic novels
· Stock markets
· 13.1.2012 – Present: Lead designer and Co-founder. Seepia Games Oy. Game design and development, game world design, business development, marketing.
· 15.2.2010 – 2.9.2011: Software engineer. Digia Oyj. Mobile software development (Android, Windows Phone 7 and QT)..
· 1.9.2003 – 31.10.2009: Teaching assistant. Information processing laboratory, Lappeenranta University of Technology. Scientific research on global optimization, teaching responsibilities and Ph.D. thesis. Research related programming mostly using C, C++ and Matlab.
· 3.6.2002 – 31.8.2003: Research assistant. Information processing laboratory, Lappeenranta University of Technology. Scientific research on evolutionary algorithms and M.Sc. thesis. Research related programming mostly using C and Matlab.
· 21.5.2001 – 31.8.2001: Summer trainee. Technology center / Sonera Connectivity Partner, Sonera LTD.
· 5.6.2000 – 31.12.2000: Research assistant in GO-Core project developing Mobile Ipv6 module for Linux. TSE institute, Helsinki University of Technology.
Teaching experience in Lappeenranta University of Technology:
· Fundamentals of Information processing, assistant 2008-2009
· Fundamentals of programming (C programming language), assistant 2003-2006
· Fundamentals of programming (Python programming language), assistant 2006-2007 and 2008-2009
· Evolutionary algorithms, assistant 2003-2007
· Introduction to object oriented programming (C++ programming language), assistant 2003-2005 and 2006-2008, lecturer 2005-2006 and 2007-2008
· Object oriented programming techniques (Java programming language), assistant 2007-2009
· Design responsibility of Seepia Games games including Tetrablok, Permia tournaments and Pet shows as well as the world of Permia.
· Winner of the game design challenges of 2006, 2007 and 2008 by Finnish Board game Society.
· Designer of Inquisitio card game published in 2009.